Wednesday, December 17, 2008

9 Dec, Quito, Later that night

Later Tuesday night, we didn´t do a whole lot. Michael´s host mother, Alysia, made him a cake. Clare, Paulina, Laura B, Meagan and Jordan came over to celebrate. We sat around a chatted for a while and then went out.

We went to the fancy place that we went the night before for dessert. We had drinks and sat around a while. I didn´t like the price of food so I went to get a couple slices of pizza at this place a block down.

Aaron brought a couple friends that he knew from home who were traveling through the area. They were two interesting young ladies who had just traveled from Bolivia and Peru. Once Liz and Anne were introduced to the group, they continued to tell stories about where they had been and what they had seen. I must say, Bolivia sounds like an interesting place.

Later that night, when it was time to go, I found out that Liz and Anne were staying in The Secret Garden, 100m up the hill from Hostal Belmont where I was staying. We decided to ride together as it would be cheaper.

I hung out at The Secret Garden for a little while with them. Liz told about living in Mexico. Anne told about a time when she was in Papua New Guinea on a work trip. Hummm... intriguing. I think I need to see it for myself.

No comments: