Wednesday, December 17, 2008

14 Dec, Baños

Sunday morning I woke up and thought I would go for a hike to La Virgin de Baños and then head to Michael and Natura´s place on the cliff to hang out at the pool. After they found out that this reservation of their didn´t include meals, I figured I would bring them something to eat. I packed some crackers and cheese and this egg plant mix that Alysia made for us.

The Virgin is about half up the rigde on this cliff. I started walking and knew it was going to be up hill. Little did I know that the stair to the Virgin were labled, 1-600. That´s a lot of steps.

I thought 400 was a lot after that´s was I counted in Quito that I had to climb everytime I wanted to go to the park to run a few laps.

When I arrived at the Virgin, it was a beautiful view. The hike from there was mostly a traverse, which was a nice little break. I got up to the resort where the others were and they met me at the pool.

Wow, what an amazing place that was. I was gorgeous. The pool was a bit cold, but the hot tubs were great. A little while after I got there, Andria, hung over, showed up to join us. I seemed like a hour and a half of so later, some guy who works there told us we couln´t be there.

It was a little bit of a bummer, but the clouds were starting to come in and I had had enough sun for the day anyway.

Later that evening, Tim, a guy from England and Jane, a girl also from England, made Yorkshire Pudding for dinner. There were nine people between us who pitched in money for them to make it. If you don´t know what Yorkshire pudding is, it´s pretty much a big pancake. They prepared a beef roast, potatoes, veggies and this cheese sause. I was really good for English food, I thought.

No comments: