Sunday, December 7, 2008

1-4 Dec, Quito

I started taking Spanish lessons at my hostal, Hostal Belmont, for $5 an hour. My instructor, Milton, has taught me quite a bit in the last week. In fact, I should be studying right now, but instead, I'm writing this blog.

I have a private lesson with him every morning during the week. When it's sunny, we sit on the rooftop terrace which is great. We start about 08:00 and go to 12:00. Michael and his host mother have all ready noticed a significant improvement in my Spanish.

As for everything else between the first and the fourth, I have just been studying. When Michael finishes with work, we meet and hang out. On the days he has class, we walk to his "school" and we drink coffee until it's time to start. Once class starts, I walk around a little or go hang out some where for a while until it's over. Then, I walk back to meet him and we hang out more, usually with some of his classmates.

His host family seems really great as they don't mind having me over for dinner, often. One day last week, Michael, his host parents and I sat around and played a game of Yahtzee and drank boxed wine.

No comments: